Materials for Sustainable Building
Poster/Paper Abstracts due: March 8
Director, Building Enclosures and MaterialsFraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems CSE
Chief Executive Officer/PresidentTwining, Inc.
Service Live Modeling of Concrete Structures as a Component of Sustainable ConstructionYiwen Bu
Director of Concrete Engineering, Twining, Inc.
Vacuum insulation panels: new technologies, market, and production capabilitiesZhaofeng Chen
Head of the Department of Materials and Technology, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China
From small to large and back - the future of aerogel materials and the role of processingMatthias Koebel
Group Leader, Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology (Empa)
High-performance PIR Nanofoam Insulation for BuildingsNitin Shukla
Senior Technical Staff, Building Enclosures and Materials, Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems CSE
The development of new materials and devices for greener buildings provides one of the greatest opportunities for environmental change. The energy consumption of houses and buildings accounts for 40% of all the energy used. Producing that energy generates about 36% of total carbon dioxide emissions. A range of new materials and solutions are being developed that promise significant improvements in the sustainability and efficiency of buildings.
Join industry leaders and innovators from government, industrial and academic laboratories to discuss new and what's next, from super-insulating materials, building integrated photovoltaics and innovative lighting, to new roofing and window materials, novel coatings, and new sustainable construction materials.
Submit Your Abstract
Please first review the information for authors — abstract submission guidelines.
Topics & Application Areas
- Advanced Materials for Green Buildings
- Novel High-Performance Thermal Insulation
- High-Performance Fenestration & Window Attachments
- Innovative Construction Technologies & Materials
- Bio-sourced Building Materials & Sustainable Production Methods
- Advanced Roofing Materials & Systems
- New Developments in Building Sealants, Air & Moisture Barriers
- Radiant Barriers & Radiation Control Technologies
- Phase Change Materials & Switchable Building Materials
- Advanced Lighting Technologies
- Building Integrated PV & PV/Thermal Technologies