TechConnect is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all event participants, including attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, staff, and representatives of the venue, hotels, service providers, and other contractors.
By attending or supporting a TechConnect meeting or event, participants agree to abide by this Meeting and Event Wellbeing Code of Conduct. Responsibility for wellbeing is shared among the organizers, venues, and the event participants – all have a role to play.
As stakeholders, we all have a responsibility to help mitigate risk. The code of conduct below, based on guidelines published by the Events Industry Council, outlines expected behaviors and steps that may be implemented to provide as safe an environment as possible when meeting in-person.
Code of Conduct Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be travelling to and the region you are travelling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
On-site During the Event
- Follow guidance from your local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Agree to wear a mask or facial covering, if required by the event organizers.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by the event organizers and respect others' personal space.
- Agree to have your temperature taken before entering the meeting/event venue, if required by the event organizers.
- Go to the event First Aid office at any time if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact the meeting/event organizers to advise them.